Reservation Contact Details:
Tel: +27 (0) 11 312 8084
Lodge: Nicole: +27 (0) 82 407 2919 or Mark: +27 (0) 83 626 9409
West Gate GPS Coordinates: 24.18722 S 27.75429 E
Johannesburg to Welgevonden via Vaalwater (recommended route. +/- 3.5hrs)
- Follow the N1 north to Polokwane / Pretoria. Continue on N1 towards Polokwane.
- At the 3rd tollgate take the Kranskop tollgate off-ramp to your left and continue through to Modimolle.
- Drive straight through Modimolle and continue to Vaalwater.
- From Vaalwater go straight through to Bulge Rivier/Thabazimbi (old Elisras Rd) , you will see signs for Welgevonden main gate.
Pass main gate and about 25kms later you will find the Schoongelegen road to your left and a sign to Westgate.
- Follow the gravel road for 16 kilometres to the West Gate on the left, where you will be met by our Game Ranger.
Johannesburg to Welgevonden via Thabazimbi (alternate route).
- Travel north along Malibongwe Drive for approximately 30 kilometres until you reach the T-Junction
- Turn left onto the R512 towards Magaliesburg. Continue driving for 9.4km, passing Pecanwood Golf Estate.
Turn right (R512) towards Brits. Cross the railway line and bridge over the Hartbeespoort Dam.
At the T-junction turn right (R512) towards Brits. Continue to the major four-way stop.
- Turn left towards Brits and Rustenburg.
- Turn right at the second road to Britz/Rustenberg
- Turn left at traffic light to Thabazimbi (R511) and continue onto Thabazimbi.
- In Thabazimbi turn left at the 2nd Stop street, and continue onto Lephalale (all well sign posted)
- Travel for about 25 minutes, then turn right onto Lephalale
- After 40kms you will reach a T-Junction. Turn Right
- After 8kms turn right to Welgevonden West Gate on the left, where you will be met by our Game Ranger.
IMPORTANT: Please call Nicole on: +27 (0) 82 407 2919 (or alternatively, Mark on: +27 (0) 83 626 9409) when you reach Vaalwater
or Thabazimbi so that we can arrange to be at West Gate to meet you when you arrive.